Do you feel stressed? Do you find it difficult to unwind and relax?
In modern life it is almost impossible to avoid stress.
In small amounts stress can be beneficial, it can help us to perform better and give us the push we need to take necessary action.
However, when we are overloaded by stressful situations this can result in multiple harmful effects, and even paralyse us into doing nothing.
The same scenario can affect different people diferently. This occurs as different stress triggers and thresholds operate for different individuals.
The causes of stress may include:
- worrying about upcoming exams
- job interviews
- work – performance, meeting targets, giving presentations etc
- keeping up with the day to day effects of the pandemic
- social interactions
- the future generally etc.the list can appear endless.
The effects of stress can include unwanted mental and physical sensations including:
- feeling anxious and even panicky
- clammy hands
- racing heart beat
- feeling sick
- appetite affected
- upset stomach etc,
You may be able to recall your own signs.
How we handle stress as individuals is crucial to our wellbeing and long term health. Relaxation is one of the simple pleasures of life that also is crucial to our health and well-being.
The benefits of relaxation include:
- slowing down your heart rate
- Slowing down your breathing rate
- lowering your blood pressure
- improving your digestion
- stabilising blood sugar levels
- lowering the activity of stress hormones
- improving blood flow throughout the body
- reducing muscle fatigue and chronic pain
- improving sleep
- reducing fatigue
- lowering anger and frustration
- improving mood
- improving concentrations levels
- boosting confidence
- a better overall quality of life
Whether you would like simple relaxation sessions or help in managing your stress, book today for your free initial consultation. Here to help you.